EJ Helping Hands is currently operating in the Elsies River community, and we are looking at expanding our services to the Dunoon community. We have partnered with local churches and feeding kitchens to assist in making a difference in these communities.
Through our donations and projects, we aim at helping children, who are the most vulnerable in these communities.
Our involvement at present ensures:
- Food provision to children through a partner food provider in respective areas.
- We pay school and aftercare fees for limited number of children at present and intend on creating an aftercare centre in both Dunoon and Elsies River soon.
- In addition, we provide disposable nappies and formula to few infants, and we sponsor chronic medication for a couple of women and children.
- Our goal is to have care centres in various communities around the Western Cape providing Safe Child Care for Children from 0 – 17 years old.
- We want to create a place of safety where single mothers can leave their children while they at work.
- These centres will provide balanced meals, aftercare and learning skills for children from grade R – 12, Basic Child Care for Babies and provide employment and training for women in these communities.